People are indulging in big numbers and shifting the dynamics of digital currency. Bitcoin and Ethereum are the two leading forces of the crypto world having a market value of around $937 billion and $389 billion Cryptos have earned their magnetism back in August.
Along with our immense experience and the current high run, there are 10 cryptos you should know about that could bring good returns to your portfolio. There are approximately 11,000 cryptos tracked by CoinMarketCap, a count that has grown impressively in years.
Decrease in the second quarter of the year still did not affect the noticeable returns of some popular cryptos.
- Bitcoin increased about 70% year-to-date (YTD);
- Ethereum grew up to 350% (YTD).
The Following are the 10 little known altcoin cryptos that you should check out in 2021:
- Crypto.com Coin (CCC: CRO-USD)- It first came into action in December 2018 by Kris Marszalek. It is both the payment and cryptocurrency stage. In short, one can buy, sell, trade, spend, store or even pay bills with the use of it.
- Decred (CCC: DCR-USD)- Seen first in February, it operates a hybrid Proof-of-Work (PoW)/Proof-of-Stake (PoS) consensus algorithm.
This hybrid consensus implies that “when new blocks are mined, 60% of the award goes to proof of work miners, 30% to proof of stake voters, and 10% to fund the development of the protocol.
DCR starts in 2021 at $42. And currently, it is about $174. Its market capital is 2.3 billion and it is in the top 60 altcoins.
- OKB (CCC: OKB-USD) - It was first presented by Jay Hao in 2017. OKB is an accessing token by which users can use special features like an exchange. In 2021, OKB started at $8.90. Currently, it is trading at $21.68. Its market capitalization is $1.3 billion and is on the list of the top 90 altcoins.
- Polkadot (DOT-USD) - The founder of Polkadot is the Web3 Foundation. The main function of it is to facilitate intercommunication between multiple blockchains by the operation of independent parallel chains communicating through a core blockchain. It is used for consensus and security.
Polkadot started at $9 in early 2021 and now it is at $27.88. It is in the top 10 digital assets with a market capitalization of $27.6 billion.
- Kusama (KSM-USD) - In 2019, presented by the same team which launched Polkadot. Kusama is the testing version of Polkadot. It has been created so that the users can test their ideas in it. It started at $68 in early 2021 and is currently at $326. Its market value is 2.76 billion and is in the top 60 altcoins.
- Quant (QNT-USD) - Presented by Gilbert Verdian, it is an instruction providing interoperability among different distributed ledger technologies (DLT) including blockchain. It started at $11 in the beginning of 2021 and is currently at $185. Its value is 2.2 billion and is on the list of the top 70 altcoins.
- Synthetic Network Token (SNX-USD) - Presented by Kain Warwick, it is decentralized finance (Defi). It started at $8 in early 2021 and is now at $13.70. Its market value is 1.58 billion and it is in the list of top 80 altcoins.
- Tezos (XTZ-USD) - Arthur Breitman presented it in 2018. It is also a PoS blockchain-based smart contract platform. It is created as multi-layer software.
It started at $2 in early 2021 and is at $4.25 currently. Its market capitalization is $3.6 billion and it is in the list of top 45 altcoins
- The Graph (GRT-USD) - Presented by Yaniv Tal in December 2020 is a classifying agreement for querying networks like Ethereum. It started at 36 cents and is currently $1.02. It is in the list of the top 35 altcoins with 5.06 billion of market value.
- Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC-USD) - It was first presented in 2019 as a tokenized form of Bitcoin that works on the Ethereum blockchain. It started at $29,000 in early 2021 and is currently at $49,500. It is in the list of the top 20 altcoins with a $9.6 billion market capitalization.
Thinking about the whole world using digital currency is still a revolution to come. Maybe tomorrow or the day after tomorrow your enthusiasm for having leads and updates about cryptocurrency is going to lead the world to it. That’s why getting in touch with these Top 10 running trends is going to help you in the coming days. We hope our knowledge may have helped you to pursue your move in investing in the cryptocurrency world.